The Excellence in Research Award was initiated in 2016. This prize is awarded bi-annually in recognition of sustained outstanding research by a sub-professorial member.
How to Apply:
At the time of abstract submission to the Annual Meeting (currently held at MedSci), please indicate your expression of interest in competing for the award on the registration form (or online if possible). In addition, at the time of abstract submission and registration, please send the appropriate documents and an updated CV to the PSNZ secretary.
- The award shall be made every two years in recognition of outstanding and sustained research conducted by a member of the Physiological Society of New Zealand.
- A joint award is permissible if collaborators have made equal contributions.
- Applicants must hold a position below that of Professor (i.e. sub-professorial).
- The Award shall be in the form of a Certificate and remuneration of $500.
- The application should be accompanied by copies of relevant publications and a copy of the candidate’s CV. The CV should include a one-page summary of the significance of the research and evidence of active participation in PSNZ.
- Applications will be assessed by a Committee appointed by PSNZ Council.
- The recipient shall be invited to present a 20 minute talk concerning his or her work, followed by 10 minutes for questions, at the Society’s Annual Meeting.
- No award shall be made if none of the work merits such recognition.